Globally with various prominent clients (service providers & MAH), an ICSR case quality (accuracy) can be measured in different ways, the major ways of measuring it are case level accuracy and field level accuracy.
PvEdge offers an efficient solution to measure both the case level and field level quality through its Quality check list module.
- Provides output of overall users/case specific quality data in % for the cases processed by the data entry/Medic users
- It offers client specific segregation of quality data of the users who have been tagged to that specific client
- Quality tracking tool of PvEdge is a user-friendly interface designed for the QC users to mark the errors observed in the ICSR.
- All the data entry fields were covered in the quality check list segregated in tab wise manner.
- All the 327 fields of the database were mapped under the solution and segregated in different error categories as critical fields (denoted by 3), Major field (denoted by 2), and non-critical minor field (denoted by 1)
- Additional free text field in QC checklist interface is provided for marking any additional remarks with regards to the field error observed while doing QC in QC checklist module.
- We can easily get the user specific quality data report including Client name, safety case IDs, tabs and fields in which errors were observed, error category, name of QC user, and % quality for that case.
- Easy tracking of no error cases for purpose of monthly volumetric analysis.
- An efficient quality tracking tool for the identification of underperforming individuals of the team.
- Quality trend analysis could be done by using the graphical outputs/charts options in PvEdge for increasing overall team efficiency
- Easy export option into MS-Excel for further data analysis
- Provides accurate audit trail data which shows when the case was processed by which user.
- Can be considered as a potential backbone of quality matrix system with client perspective.
Globally ICSR case quality (accuracy) can be measured in different ways, the major ways of measuring it are below,
- Case level accuracy
- Field level accuracy
In QC checklist module, there is defined formula for mapping both of above quality aspects:
Cumulative case level analysis: 100-((Total error score x 100)/ (Total cases QCed x Total of reference score))
Where Total cases QCed= Sum of total cases with error and without error.
Field wise formula: 100 – [ (SumOfTotalErrorValue * 100) / (327)]